Who is?

Hi. I am a shipping company director, transport academic, author, family man and all round nice guy. I have worked as shipbroker, shipowner, freight trader and bulk charterer, in senior positions, with some of the largest and most disrespected (joke) companies in the world. Ask my advice on all things shipping and you will receive my blunt and always honest answer. Hang around to learn more about chartering and ship broker salaries, chartering and ship broker jobs, chartering and shipbroker recruitment agencies, cheap freight, maritime education, chartering and ship broker qualifications, become a ship broker, tips on how to be a successful bulk shipping executive, philosophy, Zen and the art of shipbroking, and much more. Yours The Virtual Shipbroker Andy Jamison is the alter ego (pen name) of ex shipping guy and blog creator Nick van der Hoeven Copyright © 2020 by Virtualshipbroker Contact virtualshipbroker@yahoo.com

Monday, July 6, 2020

Happy Guru Purnima!

A lovely message from a friend of the blog. Made my week!

Quote
Hi Andrew, Your blogs on Virtual Shipbroker were really insightful & helpful when I was preparing for my first foray into commercial shipping. Its been close to 12 years now and for someone who didn't have much exposure to commercial back then, your blogs + your initial books helped open a clear window of the effort required and expectation to keep in the business. 

I wrote a couple of times to you on your blog but a "Big Thank You" is due and I remain thankful to you in being a keep source of inspiration. Lehmann Brothers going bust was bad news to the world in 2008, but thats what drew my career path for the next 12 years. I will thank the Lehmann brothers some other day, but today I want to thank you mate. 

"He alone teaches who has something to give, for teaching is not talking, teaching is not imparting doctrines, it is communicating." - Happy Guru Purnima! Now that's something for you to look up on and once you do, you will know what it means!
Warm Regards
SN

Unquote




Thank you SN and happy 'Guru Purnima' to you too!

VS

No comments:

Post a Comment