Who is?

Hi. I am a shipping company director, transport academic, author, family man and all round nice guy. I have worked as shipbroker, shipowner, freight trader and bulk charterer, in senior positions, with some of the largest and most disrespected (joke) companies in the world. Ask my advice on all things shipping and you will receive my blunt and always honest answer. Hang around to learn more about chartering and ship broker salaries, chartering and ship broker jobs, chartering and shipbroker recruitment agencies, cheap freight, maritime education, chartering and ship broker qualifications, become a ship broker, tips on how to be a successful bulk shipping executive, philosophy, Zen and the art of shipbroking, and much more. Yours The Virtual Shipbroker Andy Jamison is the alter ego (pen name) of ex shipping guy and blog creator Nick van der Hoeven Copyright © 2020 by Virtualshipbroker Contact virtualshipbroker@yahoo.com

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Less corona more glamour...

Famous Shipbrokers??


Roger Moore was my favourite....I know that is controversial 



Ok I need this verified - one part at least...

It has been rumoured (and mentioned more recently) that the inspiration for the James Bond character   was infact an ex Clarkson's employee - a gent by the name of Sandy Glen...

Sure he was part owner of Clarkson's 'holiday' division (geez they should bring that back post pandemic) but lets not the truth get in the way of a good story. And his father Pop Glen was a shipowner...so kudos there.

Now the other one is Jason Bourne. And this is where I need your help. I swear that when watching one of the Bourne series I remember his character saying something in a conversation that went some like this

Hot woman: "When you meet my mother be careful what you say". "What job should I say you do?"
JB: After 5 seconds of pondering says "tell her I'm a shipbroker'.

Now is this true or have I completely made that up. I've been running with this story (to friends and family) for a very long time so I hope I'm right..

Who can provide evidence? A clip would be perfect....

Reply in this post or send me a private email at virtualshipbroker@yahoo.com

Stay Safe
VS

1 comment: