Who is?

Hi. I am a shipping company director, transport academic, author, family man and all round nice guy. I have worked as shipbroker, shipowner, freight trader and bulk charterer, in senior positions, with some of the largest and most disrespected (joke) companies in the world. Ask my advice on all things shipping and you will receive my blunt and always honest answer. Hang around to learn more about chartering and ship broker salaries, chartering and ship broker jobs, chartering and shipbroker recruitment agencies, cheap freight, maritime education, chartering and ship broker qualifications, become a ship broker, tips on how to be a successful bulk shipping executive, philosophy, Zen and the art of shipbroking, and much more. Yours The Virtual Shipbroker Andy Jamison is the alter ego (pen name) of ex shipping guy and blog creator Nick van der Hoeven Copyright © 2020 by Virtualshipbroker Contact virtualshipbroker@yahoo.com

Friday, December 30, 2011

Good question from a reader

qte

So Samoa is skipping friday. If I were a charterer, and was trading the vsl around Samoa, how would this effect the payments i make to the owner? Do I not have to pay for friday?! Well technically that one friday doesn't exist.
 
unqte
 
haha - my guess is that a "day" is still 24 hours....so although friday disappears the 24 hours will still count
 
great question though!
 
Btw - to all those readers owed a reply from the Virtual Shipbroker - I am on holidays for a few more days. I realise there are quite a few of you expecting replies. Hang in there and i will revert soonest. Plus i have been in a prerpetual state of drunken stupor for over a week so adding anything to this blog in my condition is not a good idea. 
 
2012 will be the best year yet - of that I am sure
 
Keep Rock'n
VS
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment