Who is?

Hi. I am a shipping company director, transport academic, author, family man and all round nice guy. I have worked as shipbroker, shipowner, freight trader and bulk charterer, in senior positions, with some of the largest and most disrespected (joke) companies in the world. Ask my advice on all things shipping and you will receive my blunt and always honest answer. Hang around to learn more about chartering and ship broker salaries, chartering and ship broker jobs, chartering and shipbroker recruitment agencies, cheap freight, maritime education, chartering and ship broker qualifications, become a ship broker, tips on how to be a successful bulk shipping executive, philosophy, Zen and the art of shipbroking, and much more. Yours The Virtual Shipbroker Andy Jamison is the alter ego (pen name) of ex shipping guy and blog creator Nick van der Hoeven Copyright © 2020 by Virtualshipbroker Contact virtualshipbroker@yahoo.com

Friday, April 17, 2009

Starting a shipbroking business - part 2

Can someone with no experience start a shipbroking business?

Yes! if they have even one of the following

1. Time
2. Money
3. Close contacts with potential customers.

If you answered yes to ANY one of the above then 'Yes' you can start a shipbroking business. If you ticked yes to all 3 then send me an email with a signed contract and I will happily sign as your business partner today! (im only half joking)

If you have all 3 - then give me a call!

Yours
VS

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog today when I was searching info on ship broker. Nice site and look forward to more of your articles. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen, glad to see new visitors to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am setting up my own oil brokering company and as part of my training I am studying to take the ICS Advanced Diploma next year. I think your website is very interesting and promise to have a look at your ebooks. I have the three points, but consider very important to know more of the business from a professional perspective, particuarly advice of how to start(please don't send me your contract yet, as I have to talk with my contacts to see if I am allowed to colaborate with them :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David

    It sounds like you are doing all the right things! Yes I agree you must know as much about a business and an industry as you can before making any large committment. Either have the knowledge or have access to someone you can trust who has the knowledge!

    Good Luck and glad you like the blog!

    Keep in touch

    VS

    ReplyDelete