Who is?

Hi. I am a shipping company director, transport academic, author, family man and all round nice guy. I have worked as shipbroker, shipowner, freight trader and bulk charterer, in senior positions, with some of the largest and most disrespected (joke) companies in the world. Ask my advice on all things shipping and you will receive my blunt and always honest answer. Hang around to learn more about chartering and ship broker salaries, chartering and ship broker jobs, chartering and shipbroker recruitment agencies, cheap freight, maritime education, chartering and ship broker qualifications, become a ship broker, tips on how to be a successful bulk shipping executive, philosophy, Zen and the art of shipbroking, and much more. Yours The Virtual Shipbroker (NvdH) (recently proclaimed the guru of shipbroking) Copyright © 2020 by Virtualshipbroker Contact virtualshipbroker@yahoo.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A sad week

Our thoughts are with the Nation of Norway. A nation close to my heart in many ways. A proud and fair people...........they deserves better.

+++

On a lesser note

RIP USD! (for the time being anyway)

My books are 20 percent cheaper now then they were when they were written all due to your devaluation against most of the worlds economies.

So it was time to cut my losses. I have taken the plunge and now all my books are for sale in Euro's (at the equivalent prices).

Its a crazy economic environment out there and who knows whats in store for most of the worlds leading currencies. Just heard a fantastic speech from the French head of the IMF Christine Lagarde and she describes how the worlds growth is very patchy and disjointed at the moment. A juggling act that threatens stability should a few elements fail to fall in line.

Good SUSTAINABLE eeconomic growth across all the worlds regions is what we need.  

VS

4 comments:

  1. should've bought in USD

    not cheaper for me more expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual ShipbrokerJuly 27, 2011 at 2:26 PM

    I guess It depends on which currency you have. Drop me a line and ill see what I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long-time reader, book-buyer and first-time poster. Just wanted to send my thanks for the condolences from Bergen, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Virtual ShipbrokerAugust 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete