Ready to go!
Going through the VS Dry Cargo Chartering and Shipbroking Certificate not only provided me with hard to find procedural knowledge on the chartering routines but, specially, the mindset --and the jargon and the 'respectful informality' implied by it-- that governs the relationship amongst shipbrokers, shipowners and charterers.
The privilege of being assigned realistic e-mail exercises on a daily basis by an experienced and successful shipbroker rewards the trainee with first-rate feedback and clarifications that span from shipping business theoretical knowledge all the way to the shipbroking community's Zeitgeist and written communications style.
What impressed me the most was VS' unfaltering availability, his openness towards all types of enquiries, his outright frankness and, above all, his genuine concern for the professional development and career progression of his students. I cannot overstate his commitment to the promotion of the shipbroking profession.
Luis AV (Americas)
'The Virtual Shipbroker Dry Cargo Chartering and Shipbroking Program was fantastic, I recommend it to anyone - awesome info, fair work load, great teacher and teacher's support along the way, good friends and incredible times. I would like to thank you VS simply for The Mentor Program it-self, it is absolutely worth the time and money.
My personal rating 6 stars of 5! :)'
(Mark B - Europe)
(If you would like to contact these students for verification just drop me a email)
- Suitable for all chartering roles; Shipbroking, cargo chartering, shipowning and freight trading.
- Next intake scheduled to start 1st June 2010
- Request for enrolment by May 20th.
- Limited spaces. I reserve the right to accept or decline any students as I see fit.
- Roughly a 4 month program - depending on speed of student. We have flexibility.
- Student assigned a daily email task which to be completed within 24 hours
- Time needed approx 30 minutes per day.
- Course can be tailored to specific needs.
- All study material available from 'Inside shipbroking', 'shipbroker Fast Track' and the Internet.
- No grades, no tests HOWEVER each task needs to be completed successfully before moving onto the
- First 2 weeks money back guarantee (if you are not happy with the format you can drop out and get your money back)
- Price USD 950.00 per person. This price includes Inside Shipbroking and Shipbroker Fast Track. If you already have these two books the price of the course is USD 900.00 per person
- Open to individuals and campanies alike.
- On completion you recieve a certificate to hang on your wall!
The purpose of the Program is to provide students with a “hands on”, interactive education that is unavailable anywhere else. There is no syllabus and the format is very relaxed and informal. I set the student a daily task and it is the job of the student to complete the task and answer the questions.
In general we cover
- Voyage charters
- Time charters
- Different markets (ships and cargoes)
A key element to the Program is the process of communication. All other courses teach you facts and figures. I teach you fact and figures but I also teach the processes and the language of shipping. For example; How to send and reply to emails in an appropriate manner. Timing, wording and reading between the lines. We use real life examples of using real ships and real cargoes.
In the last month we concentrate on the negotiation process. You will participate in a voyage charter negotiation and a time charter negotiation, with a fellow student (with me playing the part of shipowner and charterer).
The process always starts off with a bang with both student and teacher (me) fully motivated. After 1 month it is my experience that a little bit of fatigue sets in. We struggle for a while and then break on through having a great time in the last month before graduation. It is a learning module after all and there are some dry topics that we must cover.
All up – you can see from the testimonials, the two students who have completed the course found it to be a very positive experience.
To make a request to be accepted (and if you have any questions) please send me an email at
Tell me your name and a little bit about your background and why you would like to do the course.
Spots are VERY limited so hurry. I havent yet decided on optimal student numbers so there is some flexibility.
The Virtual Shipbroker
- The Virtual Shipbroker
- Hi. I am a shipping company director, transport academic, author, family man and all round nice guy. I have worked as shipbroker, shipowner, freight trader and bulk charterer, in senior positions, with some of the largest and most disrespected (joke) companies in the world. Ask my advice on all things shipping and you will receive my blunt and always honest answer. Hang around to learn more about chartering and ship broker salaries, chartering and ship broker jobs, chartering and shipbroker recruitment agencies, cheap freight, maritime education, chartering and ship broker qualifications, become a ship broker, tips on how to be a successful bulk shipping executive, philosophy, Zen and the art of shipbroking, and much more. Yours The Virtual Shipbroker (recently proclaimed the guru of shipbroking) Copyright © 2009-17 by Virtualshipbroker