This is the headline in this weeks 'Tradewinds' Magazine (4th June)
Brief points of the article
- Bonus's have taken a hit but the overall salary outlook for brokers is looking rosy
- Recruitment specialists 'Fast-Stream' state that average pay for broker is now around the USD 128,000 mark
- Those brokers with 10-15 years experiece seem to be in th most demand.
- Junior broker salaries are under a little more pressure
- "there has not been a huge wave of layoffs as have been experienced in the financial sector".
- Freight Derivative broker salaries have taken a hit.
- Continues to be good demand for brokers in Houston.
- The Singapore market is starting to 'Mature' after 4 years of steady emplyment growth. Expats are reluctant to leave Singapore due to low income tax , good schooling and excellent entertainment / lifestyle factors