Who is?

Hi. I am a shipping company director, transport academic, author, family man and all round nice guy. I have worked as shipbroker, shipowner, freight trader and bulk charterer, in senior positions, with some of the largest and most disrespected (joke) companies in the world. Ask my advice on all things shipping and you will receive my blunt and always honest answer. Hang around to learn more about chartering and ship broker salaries, chartering and ship broker jobs, chartering and shipbroker recruitment agencies, cheap freight, maritime education, chartering and ship broker qualifications, become a ship broker, tips on how to be a successful bulk shipping executive, philosophy, Zen and the art of shipbroking, and much more. Yours The Virtual Shipbroker Andy Jamison is the alter ego (pen name) of ex shipping guy and blog creator Nick van der Hoeven Copyright © 2020 by Virtualshipbroker Contact virtualshipbroker@yahoo.com

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shipping chat

Some of you might be wondering why I am writing a book on starting a shipbroking company when I already run one. Why would I want more competition?

Simple reasons really. I think there is lots of room for new shipbroking firms. I also think the industry can do with a shake up every now and then.

Also there could be something in it for me. My company is a niche company and I have secure long term business. Some of you starting your own shops may need mentoring, business partnering, a transactional broker etc. You will know who to call...

Maybe we can have one of those win-win relationships marketers like to talk about.

++

Re China

Heard some good news today that the Chinese governments rescue package is starting to have an effect on the ground in China. Many shipping people point toward September and October when we wll see a nice rebound in shipping freight rates. This looks to be on track. Heres hoping!

Yours
VS

No comments:

Post a Comment